1. Why is carbon important in the flow of energy through the environment?
Carbon Cycle Diagram
1. Happy Winter Carnival Week!
2. Quiz 4.5-4.7/ 4.14 and 4.15 due tomorrow
What did you learn from the Carbon Cycle Diagram?
Starred thought of the Day
*Remember that your presence is a present. If someone doesn’t appreciate it, find someone that will.*
Today we worked on reviewing for the quiz in class, using whiteboards and groups of up to 3 people. I asked each class between 16 and 20 questions, and we worked collaboratively to solve them. Here is a sampling
1. There is a kind of energy that is essential for life, but only some organisms can use it. What type of energy is this? Light Energy
2. The Mitochondrion is associated with what process? Converting chemical energy to ATP
3. Photosynthesis produces what? Oxygen, Sugars
4. The process that rearranges sugar to ADP to ATP is called what? Cellular Respiration
5. The major energy carrier of cells is… ATP
6.This process produces ATP, happens in the mitochondria, and has by products of water and CO2. Cellular Respiration
7. Plants on land get their Carbon Dioxide from the atmosphere, whereas plants in the ocean get their carbon dioxide from CO2 dissolved in ocean water.
Obviously, these are just a taste, and have been simplified, removing the word problem piece.
Study for Quiz
Notes 15.1—>15.5 (Starts on Page 418)