1. How does your body get rid of wastes produced when you use Chemical Energy?
2. How does the body prevent against foreign invaders?
1. After school help Thursday next week
Starred thought of the Day
Today we started our immune system presentations. Students gave presentations while the class listened.
The attributes of good presentations:
1. State your name.
2. Tell what topic you researched (A good sentence is “I researched the polio vaccine.” A bad sentence is “I did the Polio Vaccine.”)
3. Give you presentation. There were 7 topics (look at the previous blog posts) and make sure you address them all in your project! USE NOTECARDS
4. Ask if there are any questions
5. Thank the audience for listening.
Common mistakes include”:
Not using notecards! Use them as a memory device, but try not to read off of them.
Eye Contact- if you have notecards, look at your audience! People without notecards tend to face the board, which makes it hard to hear.
Project your voice so the audience can hear you.
Don’t sway, no hands in pockets, stand up straight.
Finish notes 16.8 through 16.11 (page 465 and goes to page 469) if you haven’t in class
Lab 16.3 due Monday
Chapter 16 homework packet due Tuesday.